Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Ego's!
We are a family-owned and operated garden centre, nursery and farm market operating since 1975 in beautiful Oro-Medonte.
Our team members take great pride in offering our customers a unique and enjoyable experience.
Our staff are friendly, knowledgable and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
If you think you would be a good candidate to join our team this season, here are a few things you should know...
- All our positions require full work days on your feet (standing and walking) as well as repeated bending and lifting... your Fit Bit may blow up!
- We work in a range of weather conditions... sunny, rainy, hot and cold days... so a tolerance of working in a variety of environments is a must.
- Our garden centre is open 7 days per week with Friday, Saturday and Sunday being our busiest days so the ability to work weekends is mandatory.
- We are located in a rural area with no public transportation so a reliable means of getting to work is essential.
We are currently accepting applications/resumes for the following areas for Spring though Fall employment (with some opportunities to continue until December).
Outdoor Nursery Sales (1 position available)
Responsibilities of this position include:
- providing excellent customer service to our guests
- merchandising and maintaining appealing displays
- plant care (watering, pruning, trimming, etc.)
- maintaining a clean and safe environment
- managing nursery plant inventory, restocking, pricing
- assisting retail customers in finding suitable plants for their garden and landscape needs
Ideal candidates have previous garden centre and/or landscape experience, good knowledge of hardy plants (trees, shrubs, perennials), a keen eye for maintaining a clean and orderly sales area, commitment to tackling multiple tasks with a positive and energetic attitude. Experience operating a POS system also an asset.
May - October position
If you believe you would be a good fit for a position on our team, please send a copy of your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.